You have decided to create an e-commerce store; now you need to run it efficiently and become a winning part of the e-commerce community. What application will you use to find these top-notch products? What is the best choice? These are the questions that this Modalyst vs Dropified review aims to answer.
There are dozens of plugins out there. But rest assured, you need look no further. Let’s take a look at two dropshipping apps that are being used by thousands of e-commerce store owners.
Dropshipping is incredibly popular, mainly because there is little (if any) financial expense, so the risks are low. So it’s no wonder that thousands of entrepreneurs are scouring the Web for the dropshipping app to find these important products to sell.
Here we take a look at two of the main players in the dropshipping plug-in market: Modalyst and Dropfied . Our mission is to provide a brief overview, so you can make an informed decision about which one best suits your needs. Looks good? Let’s dive!
Who is the modalist?
San Francisco Modalyst was founded in 2012 by CEO Jill Sherman and Alain Miguel. Interestingly, Miguel was listed between 30 and 30 years of Forbes in 2015 – impressive, right?
Modalyst is a dropshipping automation software for e-commerce companies. It provides e-commerce store owners with big name brands that offer high quality products.
Examples of the types of merchandise it has to offer include bags, shoes, accessories and clothing. The Modalyst website tells us that “more than 150,000 successful e-commerce companies have added Modalyst products to their store”. Certainly, is it safe to assume that thousands of entrepreneurs cannot be wrong?
So, how does Modalyst work?
Your description on your website summarizes the process in four simple steps:
- You choose the branded products you want to sell on your website with just one click
- Then, your consumers buy the product (s) through your online store.
- You purchase your customer’s order (by charging some type of booking) through the supplier listed on Modalyst
- Finally, the supplier sends the product (s) directly to your customer. You and your online shoppers automatically receive tracking information, so you can see exactly where your shipments are at any time.
In other words, you, as an ecommerce store owner, don’t have to buy anything in advance.
You will also be pleased to hear, Modalyst is well reviewed in the press. But don’t just rely on the word, as it is easy to find these reviews on the home page.
Who dropped it?
Like Modalyst , Dropified is also an application that, according to its website, allows e-commerce store owners to:
“Easily import and manage dropshipped products to your favorite e-commerce platform (such as WooCommerce, Shopify and others) and then send the products sold directly to your customers.”
Again, like Modalyst, these customers can live almost anywhere in the world and you, as the store owner, have no physical contact with what you are selling.
The Dropified homepage has a lot of positive reviews from its customers and, to date, it has over 44,714 registered users! And again, like Modalyst, it is well reviewed in the press.
Likewise, Dropificado also describes what it does in four easy steps:
- Your customer orders at your online store
- Dropified places customer order with supplier
- The supplier sends the customer’s request to his customer
- The customer receives tracking information automatically so he can track his delivery from start to finish.
Simple, isn’t it?
Modalyst vs Dropified: A Brief Price Comparison
- $ 0 for the Hobby Plan: this allows you to list 25 Modalyst products in your store.
- $ 35 for the startup plan: allows you to sell 250 of Modalyst products in your store.
- $ 90 for Pro Plan: you can publish an unlimited number of products!
All plans charge a 5% transaction fee for each purchase made by a customer.
Both plans come with a 14-day free trial
- $ 47 for the Builder plan: allows you to list 15,000 Dropified products in your store.
- $ 127 for the Premium plan: this allows you to sell incredible 50.00 Dropified products on your online store.
Modalyst offers a 25% discount on Start Up and Pro plans if you pay annually.
Whereas, Dropificado charges $ 39 per month for the builder’s plan (total of $ 468 charged annually) and $ 97a per month for the Premier plan ($ 1,164 charged annually).
Modalyst: its pros and cons
The main advantages that come with Modalyst are:
- There is a free plan, useful for beginners and smaller operations.
- You can manage your inventory automatically with the help of real-time alerts
- You can modify the prices of your product
- There are no minimum order amounts with Modalyst suppliers
- You get order tracking for customers
- You benefit from a wide variety of products
But the cons are that you need to upgrade to a higher price plan to access Modalyst’s premium brands.
Dropified: its pros and cons
The main benefits of using Dropified are as follows:
- You receive a two-week free trial
- Easy integrations, especially with Shopify
- A useful dashboard that simplifies the management of your earnings and inventory
- You can list products in your online store with just one click
- You can handle more than one store
- Dropified integrates with multiple e-commerce platforms
- It’s easy to see your net profits
- Automated order fulfillment
- Dropified maintains strong relationships with many suppliers, including Wish, Walmart, eBay, Amazon and AliExpress
But, the main disadvantages are that Dropificado is an expensive option for startups. In addition, some users complain that when they call the customer support line, there is no human on the other end waiting to take the call!
- Dropified integrates with Shopify , WooCommerce , CommerceHQ and GrooveKart.
- Modalyst integrates with BigCommerce , Shopify and Wix .
Modalyst vs Dropified: your sites
We found that the Dropified website has a kind of homely feel, although, despite its design, it has all the information any wannabe e-commerce store owner needs before moving on and diving.
Also, the homepage looks a little confusing, but maybe it should be like that, who knows … most importantly, it prides itself on how happy its customers are with them, and there is a lot of criticism from real users and their photos . That marks some points of credibility, right?
The Modalyst website has a different vibe, because it is talking to more than one B2B-based audience. We thought it looked more professional, but it was more difficult to get information. The information is there, but some of it is not easily accessible as in Dropified.
Modalyst vs Dropified: Training and Development
There is a wide variety of training videos available on the Dropified website, and most can be placed in the “how to” video category. Topics covered include ‘Connect your Shopify Store, connect your WooCommerce store, using variant mapping in Dropified’ and so on.
There is also an entire Help section, where customers can enter their queries. In addition, there is a chat box for live chat and a FAQ section that covers topics such as setting up your account, advanced features and ordering.
Dropified’s training and development materials are, in our opinion, of a high standard. The general impression is that they are an organization that wants to help its customers and advise them on any problems or difficulties they may have along the way.
Modalyst also has a Help Center that guides you on how to get started, pricing rules, shipping and so on. Again, there is a search box where customers can type in the questions they want to answer. There is also a live chat, but only between 9: 5 and XNUMX: XNUMX PST.
Some training blogs are visible on the Modalyst home page. Some examples include a guide to the best products to sell, “How to make money online without paying anything”, “Your Dropshipping business plan: 11 steps to e-commerce success” and “Dropshipping on Amazon and eBay: 5 tips for success instant. “
Modalyst customers also have the option to ask them to create their profile, which we find very interesting.
Modalyst vs Dropified: Which one comes out on top?
No one can tell which dropshipping app to choose, it depends on you and the needs of your existing or fledgling ecommerce store. However, what we can say is that if you need a little extra hand, Dropified is probably the way to go.
But, if you prefer to work with a solution with more focus on B2B, Modalyst is your mandatory application. Both applications work together with a fair number of integrations, so there is little between them. This also applies if you want to automate as much as possible. However, if you’re just setting up and aren’t sure about dropshipping, Dropificado can be quite expensive once the free trial is over. But, if you have the budget, we say go ahead!
Which plugin will you choose? Modalyst or Dropfied? Let us know in the comments box below, next to how well you got on with these apps. Or have you ever used one of these two plugins? In any case, we would like to hear your opinions (the good and the bad – so don’t be afraid to say what you think)!