This guide will help you find the best Shopify dropshipping apps to start your online store.
What is Shopify Drop Shipping?
Thinking of setting up a Shopify dropshipping operation ready to deliver results? We are here for you! In this guide, we provide not only a list of the 10 best Shopify dropshipping apps available but also a complete guide on how to set up and run your dropshipping business on Shopify.
What is dropshipping? ?
Once upon a time, running a company, creating your own products from scratch, spending a lot of upfront money, and handling everything from shipping to packaging and customer support. This has changed a lot over the years, and one of the most popular trends out there is called dropshipping!
If you are not familiar with the selling tactic, it basically allows merchants to partner with a ” dropshipper ” or supplier, who creates and stores products, send them to their customers after you make sales on the website.
Here is the visualized process:
- What is unique about this whole sequence of purchases is that it all starts not with the purchase of the product by the supplier, but with the customer placing an order at your store and paying for it (1). In other words, in the drop shipping scenario, you get paid before you even have the product in the store.
- Then, after receiving the money, you pay the supplier and ask him to fulfill your order (2).
- The supplier handles the fulfillment alone, without ever touching the product – it goes straight from the supplier to the customer (3). So essentially, your only job is to run your e-commerce website and work in marketing.
Shopify Dropshipping – Where does Shopify come into the picture?
In short, your dropshipping store needs to run on some online platforms. Shopify is that online platform. In fact, it’s the best e-commerce platform ever.
We like Shopify as an e-commerce platform due to its accessibility and the “all in one place” interface. You get access to beautiful design tools, thousands of applications, and payment processing settings that help protect your transactions and streamline your payment process. It is also one of the best platforms for creating a dropshipping business.
Seeing how intriguing this is for new small businesses online and even large companies, we want to describe some of the best Shopify dropshipping apps to get you started on the right track. Shopify has dozens of these apps, some of which offer multiple product selections and others that focus on one or two types of products.
The best Shopify dropshipping apps available ⭐
Let’s start with some basic information that you should know before diving into Shopify’s wide world of dropshipping apps .
What to look for (and avoid) when choosing the best Shopify dropshipping apps
Not all dropshipping apps are created equal . In fact, the dropshipping industry has many disadvantages , especially if you partner with the wrong vendor or application.
Here’s what to look for:
- ?️ The best Shopify dropshipping Apps lets you choose products directly from Shopify or instantly sync your chosen products to your store.
- ???? Look for apps that select high-quality vendors. This involves some research, but you can usually find ratings and reviews about suppliers.
- ⌛ A big problem with dropshipping is the longer shipping time. Look for the best apps, with suppliers from around the world (or at least close to where your customers are) that have good product reviews. For example, a Chicago-based merchant would benefit from locating suppliers in the USA. Otherwise, your customers may wait a month to receive deliveries from places like Vietnam and China.
- ? Another difficulty with dropshipping is keeping prices low, but profit margins to a point where you can still make money. Since you are not dealing with shipping or storage, dropshippers tend to charge more than wholesale prices. The key here is to search for suppliers in each application to see if you can really profit without harming your customers.
- ❤ ️ Does the dropshipping app offer great customer support? You will definitely need it if a customer is angry with you or if people start making returns.
- ? Are you able to obtain product samples? This is one of the only ways to maintain quality control with dropshipping.
- ? Are you able to put your own brand on the packaging? You don’t want your products to end up being shipped without any mark on the box. This will be confusing for customers, as they will not recognize the names of foreign sounds on the packaging. They may not even accept an alien package like that.
With that out of the way, here’s your list of the best Shopify dropshipping apps :
Oberlo is probably the most popular of all Shopify dropshipping apps. The reason for this is because Oberlo (read our Oberlo Review ) was one of the first to implement a system that automatically synchronizes products, order tracking, and product information with your Shopify store.
Due to Oberlo’s great success, Shopify now includes it in new stores, without having to install the app!
In the past, I have always liked the functionality of Oberlo. The only problem I had was how you were forced to work on AliExpress, known for long periods of shipping to various locations. However, Oberlo added more dropshipping suppliers from around the world to mitigate this problem.
In general, you can browse a vast catalog of new products in different categories. You can select where you want to ship the products, so you don’t have to worry about these problems later.
With each product listing, you also get information about the number of stores you currently offer, and even the number of product orders through other Oberlo-enabled stores. This gives you great leverage and a tool to choose only the products that actually sell.
What makes Oberlo one of the best Shopify dropshipping apps?
- You can search for products from various suppliers. o The Oberlo market has one of the largest selections of items on the web .
- After finding the products you like, Oberlo instantly syncs the information in your store .
- All items remain up to date in your store. Therefore, if a product is in short supply, your customers will not end up buying.
- Oberlo offers a Free Beginner Plan, making it easy for dropshippers without much initial capital .
- When adding products, you get information about the number of sales and the general popularity of the product in question.
Print (read our full Printful review ) offers a different type of dropshipping setup. While the other apps on this list offer a wide variety of suppliers to choose from and thus fill your store with a greater number of different products, Printful is your drop shipper used for printing on demand.
Printful combines personalized printing and dropshipping so you can sell anything from posters to t-shirts and pillows to mugs. The great thing about Printful is that it has an ever-growing collection of quality products, and the design module is well structured for you to upload your designs and start selling them Shopify.
All you need to do to use Printful is to select the products you want to sell and submit your designs. Whenever someone asks for you, Printful will handle printing and delivery.
And just to make sure we’re clear here, Printful is much more than just t-shirts. You can also sell fanny packs, phone cases, backpacks, stickers, bags, slippers, swimwear, posters, coffee mugs and more.
What makes Printful one of the best Shopify dropshipping apps?
- Printing and dropshipping are all done for you . You need to design your products, but the graphics upload tools are easy to use.
- Printful provides thousands of products in its library , making it easy to sell personalized and branded items.
- Printful has several locations , including California and North Carolina. Therefore, you can ship your products to customers within a reasonable time.
- You pay nothing for Prhttps: //ecommerce-platforms.com/go/TryPrintfulinintento intento . Each item in the catalog has its own price, and then you set your own retail price. How much you earn depends entirely on you. In addition, as a result of this e-commerce business model, you don’t have to spend anything before you start making money.
Spocket (read our full Spocket review ) is an excellent rating, an excellent alternative to Oberlo. In fact, we would argue that it is a little more advanced than Oberlo in terms of supplier quality.
Most suppliers come from Europe and the USA, so it is ideal for merchants located in those parts of the globe.
This makes Spocket a great tool if you want to build a Shopify dropshipping store but keep it reasonably local and don’t ship packages from China, but instead support suppliers from Europe or the USA.
In addition to Shopify integration, Spocket also offers a module for WooCommerce, which can be useful for those who already run their main sites on WordPress.
What makes Spocket one of the best Shopify dropshipping apps?
- You start working with European and American manufacturers, so shipping is generally faster to stores located there.
- Spocket’s price is one of the most competitive apps on the list . The average discount for merchants is 45%, offering plenty of room for your margins.
- Your company’s brand is added to all outgoing receipts and invoices. It’s not exactly the same as a logo on the packaging, but it’s better than nothing.
- Real-time shipping tracking keeps your customers in the loop.
- As the products come mainly from the USA, Canada and Europe, we noticed that they are generally of superior quality in general.
- Spocket has options to test products before placing them on your website .
SMAR7 Express is similar to Oberlo and Spocket with some exclusive advantages. First of all, it is a complete dropshipping solution for Shopify, with a large collection of items to choose from.
SMAR7 Express offers very good integration with AliExpress, allowing you to import products with just one click. These imports include product descriptions, images and variants. Then you can also fulfill your orders just as easily – with one click and the order is on its way to the customer.
In addition, you can ask SMAR7 Express to find suppliers of current products that you already have in your store. In this situation, you can decide to make more money without storing or shipping the item as before.
What makes SMAR7 Express one of the best Shopify dropshipping apps?
- SMAR7 Express has an extremely smooth integration process with Shopify
- . You link AliExpress and instantly download the items you like in your store.
- You have the option to take your products listed above and have them filled out by a supplier. This is completely unique to SMAR7 Express.
- Although most AliExpress suppliers are in Southeast Asia, SMAR7 Express still tries to improve shipping times using the ePacket Shipping option.
On the surface, Modalyst (read our full Modalyst Review ) works like some of the other apps on this list – where you search for products and sync them to your online store.
The main difference is how Modalyst focuses on providing access to suppliers of well-known brands like Calvin Klein, Timberland and Puma. Yes, the price is much higher than the average Chinese supplier, but you are able to offer the best possible products to your customers. And, if you put it in the search, we found that you can find many decent items with great margins.
In fact, Modalyst offers a complete catalog of suppliers from the USA and Europe. These are products that you won’t find in any of the other dropshipping apps .
You can also communicate directly with your suppliers and thus build a better relationship with them.
What makes Modalyst one of the best Shopify dropshipping apps?
- Modalyst mainly dropships name branded products, so their customers are not stuck with questionable items from random suppliers.
- There are also independent brands that you can partner with, which is a great way to increase margins (since the perceived value of these products is greater).
- Shipping is faster than most Shopify dropshipping apps. You also get free shipping to the United States, as most drop shippers are from the USA.
- Modalyst provides an excellent tool for pricing rules. It helps to automatically set and change prices based on how much profit you would like to earn.
- You have a free plan for up to 25 products per month.
Inventory source gained momentum in the dropshipping world for its ability to list its products not only Shopify but for other markets, such as Amazon and eBay.
In fact, throughout the 20’s, different e-commerce platforms are supported, offering more flexibility and reach with their customers.
Inventory source provides access to more than 180 pre-integrated suppliers (also from the USA) and also allows you to add your own suppliers.
All product data is automatically sent and connected to inventory synchronization. You can then manage your catalog using the Inventory Source cataloging and customization tools.
Another great thing about Inventory Source is that they do not charge intermediary fees. All you pay is for the monthly subscription to the Inventory Source. The prices of the products obtained are provided directly by the suppliers.
What makes Inventory Origin one of the best Shopify dropshipping apps?
- Inventory Source’s dropshipping network has more than 180 vendors with dozens of categories to choose from.
- The automation tools and management areas are quite easy to understand and move around.
- Inventory Source has a free account with access to all suppliers and niches.
- You can even add custom or private integrations if you upgrade to one of the paid plans.
- Customer support is willing to work with you on various facets of your e-commerce business, including back orders and returns.
Printify (read our full Printify review ) is an alternative to Printful. From their customer’s point of view, they deliver a very similar product – shirts, accessories, mugs, phone cases and other items with their designs.
Printify connects you to a network of 90+ print providers and there are different items to choose from in total. In addition to selling via Shopify, you can also offer your products through Etsy and WooCommerce, with eBay support coming soon.
If you plan to sell custom printed products and dropshipping them, we recommend trying both Printful and Printify to see which one offers better returns and more sales. No company will hold your business hostage, so you can test it for a period of time before making a final decision.
That said, Printify comes with free and paid plans. Therefore, it is not just the product fee that you must pay when selling ( Printful does not have subscription fees).
What makes Printify one of the best Shopify dropshipping apps?
- You can choose from 200 custom products at Printify.
- Printify has a large network of printers so you can always get the highest quality products.
- You are able to put your own brand on the packaging.
- The mockup generator is simple to understand and upload your own designs.
- You can also integrate your products with Etsy and WooCommerce.
The Spreader App takes an interesting approach to dropshipping. Instead of allowing you to connect with different suppliers and import your products to your Shopify store, Spreadr only links you directly to Amazon and allows you to list products as an affiliate.
The difference here is that you don’t work as hard with suppliers, but instead promote your products in your store for a small cut – a commission.
For everything to work, you first need to sign up for Amazon’s affiliate program. The typical commission level is 4%.
While Spreadr does offer a more classic dropshipping as well – where you can collect orders at your store and serve them by Amazon suppliers – this is probably not the most optimized type of dropshipping business setup. It is better to use other applications for this.
What makes Spreadr one of the best Shopify dropshipping apps?
- The application offers a unique opportunity to view items that are already selling well on Amazon.
- There is a quick import tool, in which you can search on Amazon and instantly add products to your store for sale.
- Dropshipping is allowed, but you can also simply opt for an affiliate commission if you wish.
We have a love/hate relationship with Gooten. On the one hand, it has by far the largest selection of personalized products for you to sell in your Shopify dropshipping store. It’s all personalized, so you can find and design more exclusive things like bags, phone cases and more. It is better than Printify and Printful in terms of selection. However, these products come from a wide variety of printers; therefore, if your customer adds five items from five different printers, he will receive five boxes and will need to pay for shipping all of them separately.
That said, the product catalog is really impressive, with many unique items. For example, you can sell items like baby towels, bed comforters, printed fabrics, notebooks, diaries, suitcases and, of course, obvious things like T-shirts and mugs.
Just like with Printful, With this Shopify Dropshipping App, you only pay for products and there are no monthly fees involved.
What makes Gooten one of the best Shopify dropshipping apps?
- You get personalized printing and dropshipping, all in one package .
- The product collection is impressive and the product categories are unique.
- Order tracking is easy for both the customer and the merchant.
- The company is located in New York City, so you should expect faster shipping in the United States.
- The app is completely free to install, so you only pay when you make a sale.
Dripshipper is a very niche Shopify dropshipping app. Where most of the other apps in this list allow you to select from several categories, the Dripshipper is just for coffee.
That means exactly what you are thinking, yes, you can sell your own branded coffee with your own logo. Ever wanted to be a coffee tycoon? Here’s your chance.
All jokes aside, Dripshipper has great reviews and the app has a strong following. It seems that if you want to make a dropship of coffee via Shopify then Dripshipper is the way to do it.
The application allows you to create your own coffee and coffee packaging, in addition to the labels and other information on the packaging. Orders are sent to your customers when you make a sale.
What makes Dripshipper one of the best Shopify dropshipping apps?
- It’s a hyper niche – your perfect dropshipping app if you want to get into the coffee business.
- The delivery time is three days for US customers.
- You only need to focus on one niche, so that your product management is easier to understand.
- The packaging and coffee design tools are elegant and easy to understand.
- Everything in your coffee is marked by your company.
- There is a free Trial on the 14th .